Program Type:Special Program
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax help to people who generally make $57,000 or less, persons with disabilities, the elderly, and limited English-speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns.
IRS-certified volunteers will provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals. Preparers are provided to the library by Mesa United Way.
VITA will be offered at the Red Mountain Library in the Roadrunner Room. Click here for VITA access to the Roadrunner Room at Red Mountain Library.
Days: Tuesdays through Fridays
Starts: Tuesday, January 26
Ends: Wednesday, April 14
Hours: 10:00am to 3:00pm. BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
- VITA services will be offered by appointment-only this year. Schedule your appointment.
- Your scheduled appointment will be for 15-minutes, to drop off paperwork and sign documents. When your tax return is finished, VITA will schedule a time for you to pick them up. Drop-Off/Pick-Up instructions
- You may bring one person with you, if needed. Caregivers are encouraged to leave children at home.
- VITA clients will enter the building from the southeast side of the building through the emergency exit doors closest to the Roadrunner Room (follow the signs)
- Clients will not be allowed to access the library from VITA services. If they wish to browse the library/use a computer before or after an appointment, they will need to enter/re-enter the front doors and be counted like everyone else.
- Face coverings are required. VITA and the Library will provide you with a mask if you do not have one.
- VITA will be closed Friday, April 2, in observance of Good Friday
For more information and other locations, visit the Mesa United Way website.